Games Crossword Puzzle
Access the Mystery Crossword Puzzle INDEX
1 finger ___; "They used to have them in the olden days."
4 The Title of the Book
6 It rattled suddenly in vicious, wildy spinning circles.
7 Maude was scheduled to be at a ___ seminar.
8 This large object of decorative cast iron was mentioned frequently throughout the story.
10 "I am the song you hear before you ___."
12 ___ Jacklin
13 Genevieve ___
14 Outside could be heard ___.
15 Patricia ___
16 Aunt was writing not a history book but a ___ novel.
1 Miggs was upstairs reading in the ___ room.
2 The chopping sound was that of ___.
3 The plan was to have a ___ that evening.
4 She always wanted to be first in everything - the train, the kiosk queue.
5 A ___ was found at the foot of the stairs.
7 The elderly woman was finally taken to a ___.
11 Her spirit guide.
12 ___ Griffiths
ANSWERS FOUND BELOW
Questions for discussion:
- Kirsty and Genevieve thought that the aunt would be unaware that they had spent the night at her house. Why was that an unrealistic expectation?
- Certain words like rattled, vicious, and wild help the author achieve an atmosphere of suspense. Can you think of others that were used?
- Was Darcy mistreated? If so how?
- Patricia thought that Kirsty would never do anything constructive for anyone. What were her evidences for this observation?
- At the end of the story, Miggs says: "I donít have to rely on them any more. I can manage quite well on my own." Experience is often the best teacher. What experiences gave rise to her independence?
- List a few examples that show substantial moral character development in Patricia Tait.
- Can you think of any times in your own life where fears of being unaccepted by a group led you to abandon one or more of your own moral principles?
- Patricia reflected, "Rejects, thatís us. And itís so pointless, feeling hurt by rejection when the group youíre trying to join isnít even worth the effortÖ" Can you list a few ways how you make yourself a contributing and constructive and worthy member of the groups you join?
- If you were very ill with the flu and needed one of these youngsters to stay the night with you, which would you choose? Why?
1 bowls; blue - 2 wood - 3 party - 4 games; Genevieve - 5 candle - 6 doorknob - 7 history; hospital - 8 veranda - 9 staircase - 10 sleep - 11 Lotus - 12 Dorthea; Darcy - 13 Tait - 14 rain - 15 Miggs - 16 mystery